Monday, November 29, 2010

11/30/10

Good Morning!
I hope everyone had a great break! Today we are going to begin a new project. I will also give you time to finish up your short stories if you need it so don't worry! There will not  be a grammar warm-up for today.  Instead, I want everyone to read the following Haiku poems. For each poem, write down images that come to mind, the tone of the poem and any other thoughts that came to mind while reading them. We will discuss our responses as a class.

Haiku by: Natsume Soseki

Over the wintry

forest, winds howl in rage
with no leaves to blow.

Haiku by Jack Kerouac


The low yellow
moon above the
Quiet lamplit house


Haiku By: Michael Dylan Welch


meteor shower
a gentle wave
wets our sandals

No comments:

Post a Comment

Montana 1948 Readings/Natalie Goldberg Test 1 "I remember"

  Montana 1948 Readings/Natalie Goldberg Test 1 "I remember" Marcy Gamzon • Sep 21 (Edited Sep 21) 100 points Due Tomorrow AGENDA:...