Sunday, November 7, 2010

Rattlebone Vocab- Monday's class

Hello Everyone!
I wanted to post for Monday's class so everyone got used to seeing me on here. For Monday's class we are going to discuss the first two chapters of Rattlebone that were assigned to you for homework. I will be handing out a study guide for everyone so make sure you read so your able to fill it out!

Also, I wanted to take this opportunity to explain to you how class will be running for the next four weeks while i'm here. Everyday I want everyone to come in the classroom and immediatly check the class blog. Every day there will be a warm-up exercise posted for each student to complete. You will have about 10 minutes for you to complete it. Don't worry, they are pretty easy, it's just simple things you may forget along the way. Here is the first morning warm-up assignment. Just comment on the box below when you're all said and done!

Warm-up Exercise

Their, There and They’re


Their- Possessive, shows ownership
Ex: Their car broke so they had to take the bus.

There- Shows location
Ex: I couldn’t find my phone and it was over there the whole time!

They’re- Contraction of “they” and “are”
Ex: I met all of my new co-workers, they’re all very nice.

Now write a sentence for each (Their, There and They’re) to show you understand how to use them correctly. Post your sentences as a comment to this post.

Here is a list of Rattlebone Vocab. Make sure you keep a list somewhere with all the words on it. There will be a test on these words eventually

Happenstance (pg. 6): A chance happening or event


Capricious (pg. 13): Erratic or obsolete

Corporal-punishment (pg. 17): Physical punishment, inflicted on the body of one convicted of a crime: formerly included the death penalty

Cicadas (pg.27): A large insect, similar to the grasshopper


Thanks,
Ms. Snyder

15 comments:

  1. Hannah MacLagger

    Their shoes are super shiny.
    There are seventeen balloons in the magical cave.
    They're really sparkly red baboons, not opaque yellow lemurs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maia Simon
    1. Their house was breaking down quickly.
    2. I want that pony over there.
    3. They're seriously drunk.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yulyia Otchych

    They're going to get eaten by a dragon if they go into that class.
    Their cat knows how to speak.
    Mishka is over there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Caleb Whittier

    1. Their faces looked surprised.
    2. I wanted to go over there.
    3. They're a group of very small leprechauns.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adriana Perhamus
    There goes the crazy person with a pet pig.
    Their house makes me want to jump up and down and sing the national anthem.
    They're the three little pigs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. 1. Their hair is bright blue.
    2. There is my house.
    3. They're very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  7. There: I had never been to the park, but I walked three blocks and then I was there.
    Their: Mr. and Mrs. Peterson started talking to Mom last night, apparently their dog ran away two nights ago and they want us to tell them if we see a black dog around the neighborhood.
    They're: The people in the coffee shop gave us a free cookie, they're very generous.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Tess Austin
    Their life is a joke
    stand over there, please
    They're never going to live again

    ReplyDelete
  9. There are two monkeys in one cage.
    Their shirts are dirty.
    They're both so ugly!

    ReplyDelete
  10. 1. Their faces showed severe shock.
    2. There is my neighbor's lawn.
    3. They're running through the forest.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Their cat scratched me this morning.

    There are no cup holders in their car.

    I greeted the new nieghbors yesterday, and it looks like they're pretty nice.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sierra Say's
    Their: The cake was smashed by their little sister.
    There: There is my house over at the corner of the street.
    They're: They're the brady bunch.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Their car has bad brakes.
    Over there is Mount Marcy.
    I talked to them yesterday, and they said that they're moving to Alaska.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Their mom bought them Wendy's for lunch.
    The little girl is over there under the table.
    They're at the mall.

    ReplyDelete
  15. i know those students, their in my class.
    hey! there goes the boots i was looking for!
    look at those twins! they're so pretty.

    ReplyDelete

Montana 1948 Readings/Natalie Goldberg Test 1 "I remember"

  Montana 1948 Readings/Natalie Goldberg Test 1 "I remember" Marcy Gamzon • Sep 21 (Edited Sep 21) 100 points Due Tomorrow AGENDA:...